Assistant Resident Manager
Job Title: Assistant Resident Manager
Salary and Benefits: DOE
Hours: Part-time Hourly Non-Exempt
Summary of Duties:
The Assistant Manager provides administrative and overall support to the Resident Manager. The Assistant Manager reports directly to the Resident Manager.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assist with maintaining tenant files in compliance with relevant regulatory agreements;
- Assist with leasing process including maintaining waiting list, screening applicants, and moving tenants into properties;
- Assist with general compliance requirements including annual recertification and reporting;
- Assist with getting bids from contractors for repair and maintenance projects required to keep the property in good order, including inspecting contractor work, and helping to keep the contractor on schedule and within budget;
- Assist with property inspections;
- Assist with maintaining the on-site office in a clean, organized, orderly and professional manner;
- Develop and maintain good tenant relations;
- Develop good community relations. Develop and maintain excellent rapport with local governmental agencies and other agencies (e.g., fire departments, police departments, senior centers).
Office Clerical Support
- Answer and direct all incoming phone calls. Provide assistance when possible and route calls to appropriate employees.
- Sort, organize and distribute incoming mail.
- Update and file all documents for Vendors and Compliance.
- Create and maintain various filing systems in an accurate and organized manner. Review, purge and forward files to appropriate storage location in accordance with company record retention policy.
Qualifications and Experience:
Candidates for the position of Assistant Resident Manager should have the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of Section 202/8
- Perform Annual recertifications
- Experience working with seniors
- Experience working in low income housing
- Unit inspections / infractions / move-in
- Knowledge and preparation of EIV, TRACS, Voucher reports
- Work well in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual environment;
- Ability to write effective business correspondence;
- Ability to effectively communicate information both written and verbally and be able to respond to questions from groups and individuals;
- A self-starter;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Able to work both independently and as a team;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Computer competency – Microsoft Office, email; data entry, property management software systems;
- Desire to make a long-term commitment to this position and LTSC CDC’s mission;
- Bilingual Spanish/English or Asian Language/English a strong plus.
Applicants should email their Resume and cover letter to Aaron Garcia